Public Assistance and Medicaid clients receive services at no charge. Non-Public-Assistance clients are charged a non-refundable $25 application fee, payable in the form of cash or money order. You may be eligible for a reduced fee of $10 if your income falls below poverty level guidelines. Screening for a reduced fee may be done at your request. If you already have an open case with our office, you will not be charged a fee to open an additional case.


Once you receive your application, please answer all the questions. If you do not know the answer to a question, or it is not applicable to your case, please indicate so. Leaving blank spaces may delay processing of your application.
Please provide the following with your application:
  • A copy of birth certificate(s) for your child(ren)
  • The Affidavit(s) of Parentage for the child(ren), if signed by the father
  • A copy of Social Security card(s) for you and your child(ren)
  • A copy of any child support, custody, and/or domestic violence protection order(s), separation agreement and/or divorce decree.  (If your order was established in another state, your assistance obtaining certified copies of the order may be required.)
  • Verification of your income (copies of pay stubs, letters of hire/appointment)
  • Proof of child care and health insurance costs that you pay
Any information you have about the noncustodial parent, including address, employer, Social Security number, date of birth, pay stubs, tax returns, photos, etc.
Call 1-800-992-9457:
  • To request forms, applications
  • To obtain the status of your case
  • To provide information/changes that affects your case.
The NC Child Support Services website is also available for your use.