The Wake Area Business Advisory Council (BAC) is a Wake County Human Services initiative established in January 1997 to promote a partnership between local businesses/employers and employment and training programs in the Wake County area.
The BAC provides many advantages to its business partners, including:
- Access to a diverse pool of applicants
- A forum for employers to discuss their workforce needs
- Networking opportunities
- Education and training on employment-related issues.
In return, the business sector provides:
- Employment and career opportunities
- Information on job openings
- Workforce advice from the employers' perspective.
BAC Leadership represents member of the business community and service agencies with staff support from Wake County Human Services.
The 2014–2015 Executive Committee Members include:
- Chair: Sandi Bouchard, Community Workforce Solutions
- Vice Chair: Connie Carrigan, a partner at Smith Debnam Law Firm
- Program Chair: Teresa Johnson, Division of Workforce Solutions
- Membership and Human Capital Development Chair: Lorraine McCurdy, Family Resource Center of Raleigh
- Social Media: Shannon James, PHR, NC State University Human Resources.
- Past Chair, Denise Barton, MBA, SPHR, HR Fusion LLC & Wake Tech
Monthly Meeting Information:
The BAC meets the fourth Thursday of the month (January–June; August–October) from 8:30–10:30 a.m. in room 204 of the Millbrook Human Services Center located at 2809 E Millbrook Rd, Raleigh, NC.
Note: An executive committee planning sessions are typically held in July and December.
Additional information – documents:
2014 BAC Membership Form
For additional information regarding BAC meetings, please visit the BAC Meetings contact Tony Zarcone at 919-431-4042 or email@example.com