The Wake Area Business Advisory Council (BAC) is a Wake County Human Services initiative established in January 1997 to promote a partnership between local businesses/employers and employment and training programs in the Wake County area.
The BAC provides many advantages to its business partners, including:
- Access to a diverse pool of applicants
- A forum for employers to discuss their workforce needs
- Networking opportunities
- Education and training on employment-related issues.
In return, the business sector provides:
- Employment and career opportunities
- Information on job openings
- Workforce advice from the employers' perspective.
BAC Leadership represents member of the business community and service agencies with staff support from Wake County Human Services.
The 2015–2016 Executive Committee Members include:
- Chair: Connie Carrigan, a partner at Smith Debnam Law Firm
- Vice Chair: JoAnn Shepherd, Wake County Work First Program
- Program Chair: Rena Ferraro, Wake Technical Community College
- Business Services: Stephen Barrington, Capital Area Workforce Development
- Social Media: Lorraine McCurdy, Family Resource Center of Raleigh.
- Past Chair: Sandi Bouchard, Community Workforce Solutions
Monthly Meeting Information:
The BAC meets the fourth Thursday of the month (January–June; August–October) from 8:30–10:30 a.m. in room 204 of the Millbrook Human Services Center located at 2809 E Millbrook Rd, Raleigh, NC.
Note: An executive committee planning sessions are typically held in July and December.
Additional information – documents:
2016 BAC Membership Application.docx
For additional information regarding BAC meetings, please visit the BAC Meetings contact Tony Zarcone at 919-431-4042 or firstname.lastname@example.org