The Wake Area Business Advisory Council (BAC) is a Wake County Human Services initiative established in January 1997 to promote a partnership between local businesses/employers and employment and training programs in the Wake County area.
The BAC provides many advantages to its business partners, including:
- Access to a diverse pool of applicants
- A forum for employers to discuss their workforce needs
- Networking opportunities
- Education and training on employment-related issues.
In return, the business sector provides:
- Employment and career opportunities
- Information on job openings
- Workforce advice from the employers' perspective.
BAC Leadership represents member of the business community and service agencies with staff support from Wake County Human Services.
The 2016-2017 Executive Committee Members include:
- Chair: JoAnn Shepherd, Wake County Work First Program
- Program Chair: Tony Zarcone, Wake County Human Services, Employment
- Business Services: Stephen Barrington, Capital Area Workforce Development
- Past Chair: Chair: Connie Carrigan, a partner at Smith Debnam Law Firm
Monthly Meeting Information:
The BAC meets the fourth Thursday of the month (January–June; August–October) from 8:30–10:30 a.m. in the Boardroom (#5032) at the Wake County Human Services Center at Swinburne located at 220 Swinburne Street, Raleigh, NC 27610.
Note: An executive committee planning sessions are typically held in July and December.
Additional information – documents:
2016 BAC Membership Application
For additional information regarding BAC meetings, please visit the BAC Meetings contact Tony Zarcone at 919-212-7104 or email@example.com