The Wake Area Business Advisory Council (BAC) is a Wake County Human Services initiative established in January 1997 to promote a partnership between local businesses/employers and employment and training programs in the Wake County area.
The BAC provides many advantages to its business partners, including:
- Access to a diverse pool of applicants
- A forum for employers to discuss their workforce needs
- Networking opportunities
- Education and training on employment-related issues.
In return, the business sector provides:
- Employment and career opportunities
- Information on job openings
- Workforce advice from the employers' perspective.
BAC Leadership represents member of the business community and service agencies with staff support from Wake County Human Services.
The 2013 Executive Committee Members include:
- Chair: Shannon James, PHR, NC State University Human Resources
- Vice Chair: Denise Barton, MBA, SPHR, HR Fusion LLC & Wake Tech
- Program Chair: Sandi Bouchard, Community Workforce Solutions
- Membership and Human Capital Development Chair: Mardi Long-Barton, SPHR, Express Employment Professionals
- Past Chair, Victor Sanchez, ATI, Inc.
Monthly Meeting Information:
The BAC meets the fourth Thursday of the month (January–June; August–October) from 9–10:30 a.m.
Note: An executive committee planning session is held in July and additional date is scheduled for an annual open house or expo event.
Get details & register for the next meeting.
Additional information - documents:
BAC Leadership History for Website.pdf
BAC Event History.pdf
2013 New Member Application.pdf
For additional information regarding BAC meetings, please visit the BAC Meetings contact Tony Zarcone at 919-431-4042 or email@example.com