Human Capital Development
What is the Middle Class Express?
|The Middle Class Express (MCE) is an innovative approach to help Wake County residents make progress toward economic and social self-sufficiency. It ensures access to employment, educational and financial development opportunities, as well as other health and human services resources. This approach provides participants Life Coaching and Life Planning to achieve a middle class lifestyle.|
|Who Can Participate?
Special emphasis is placed on serving individuals who fall into these three categories:
- Wake County residents with incomes equal or less than twice the federal poverty level;
- Individuals receiving public assistance; and
- Parents that meet the criteria and have children underachieving in Wake County Schools.
Applicants must be ready to meet the following requirements:
- Motivation to achieve
- Compliance with Life Coaches
- Commitment to 40–50 hours per week of Self-Development activities (including work and school)
- Commitment to a 5-year plan
|What Opportunities are Provided to Participants?
- Life Coaching
- Personal Learning and Career Planning
- Attainable Goals
- Self Development Activities
- Connections with employment opportunities
- Job fairs and training
- Access to educational opportunities
- Working the 8 tracks of self development
- Financial Literacy and Entrepreneurship
- Formal Education
- Training and Skill Sets
- Attitude and Mindset
- Healthy Lifestyle
- Access and Utilization of Resources
- Family and Community Involvement
|How Do I Get Involved?
- Attend an orientation session
- Complete an application
- Commit to a contract for a Life Plan and Life Coach
- Complete 7 weeks of goal setting/life planning series
- Complete at least 10 monthly group coaching sessions
||Who can I contact for more information?|
|I would like more information.
Vielka Maria Gabriel