*Updated* WCHS has been operating Self-Service Centers across the county to assist our clients with the electronic submission of applications for services in NC FAST, for employment in NCWorks and for Health Insurance in the Marketplace.
This effort has proven to be very successful. To better serve our clients, and to meet this demand during large building renovations, WCHS has recently opened new Self- Service Centers across the county and has expanded capacity in existing facilities by making more computers available.
- Complete online ePASS applications for Medicaid and/or Food and Nutrition Services
- Apply for health insurance at the federal Marketplace
- Search for jobs and employment opportunities
The following WCHS locations have Self-Service Centers available during their normal business hours:
Wake County Human Services – Swinburne (9 computers)
- First Floor – 15 Computers (ePASS)
- Second Floor – 2 Computers (FCN - ePASS/Employment)
- Third Floor – 16 Computers (Employment)
Wake County Human Services – Sunnybrook (4 computers) *
Wake County Human Services – Millbrook (3 computers)
Eastern Regional Center (2 computers)
Northern Regional Center (5 computers)
Southern Regional Center (6 computers)
* Additional 4 computers to be available in early 2015 at Sunnybrook.
EBT Balance by Text Message
*New* Now you can get your EBT balance on your cell phone via text message! You can always know your EBT card balance! To register to get your EBT balance by text message, go to EBTEdge website and follow these steps:
- Click on the Cardholder Login link on the left side of the page.
- Log into the site by entering your EBT Card Number and PIN.
- Click on the Register for Mobile TXT Messaging link at the top, right side of the screen.
- Enter your cell phone number and select your cell service from the drop-down list.
- Enter your EBT card number and nickname your card, if you wish.
- Read the Terms and Conditions then check the box to accept.
- You will receive a text message with a 6-digit code. Enter that code online into the website. Click Continue.
- You are now registered! Simply send a text message to 42265 to confirm your registration!
Once you are registered, you can always get your balance by texting the letters "BAL" to 42265 to see your current balance.
You can see your last 5 transactions by texting the letters "MINI" to 42265.