Reporting Missing or Damaged Signs
The green street name signs with white lettering are maintained by either the towns or Wake County. If the sign is NOT a green street name sign, then call NCDOT at 1-877-DOT-4YOU (1-877-368-4968).
·       If the green street name sign is in the City of Raleigh, you may use the online Citizen Service Request or call 919-996-6608
·        If the street name sign is in a town, contact the town’s Public Works Department.
o   Apex     919-249-3427
o   Cary     919-469-4090
o   Fuquay-Varina     919-753-1027
o   Garner     919-772-7600
o   Holly Springs     919-552-5920
o   Knightdale     919-217-2212
o   Morrisville     919-463-7070
o   Rolesville     919-556-3506
o   Wake Forest     919-435-9570
o   Wendell     919-365-4822
o   Zebulon     919-269-5285
· For a green street name sign located anywhere else in the county, call Wake County General Services at 919-856-5777 or Wake County GIS at 919-856-6210.

Is a street public or private?
Streets that are public owned are maintained by NCDOT or the city or town where it is located.  Other streets are privately owned and maintained by whatever agreements that have been made between the owners.  Wake County does not maintain streets.  Streets on private property may have the yellow “Private Street” designation on their signs.
For more information, contact Wake County GIS Office at 919-856-6210 or write to: WAKE COUNTY GIS, P.O. BOX 550, RALEIGH, NC  27602.