The mission of the Fire Commission shall be to make formal recommendations to the Wake County Board of Commissioners on fire protection and emergency services delivery applicable to those departments covered under the venue of the Fire Commission.
The roles of the Fire Commission members as approved by the Wake County Board of Commissioners are:
· Reviewing and making recommendations on operating budget requests.
· Reviewing and making recommendations on CIP budget requests.
· Reviewing and supporting firefighter and volunteer incentive retention and recruitment programs.
· Making recommendations to the Wake County Board of Commissioners for continuing improvement of the fire protection system.
· Reviewing ISO and consultants reports and recommending action for improvement as deemed necessary.
· Developing and providing overview of all service district operational regulations and guidelines for the Wake County fire protection service district.