Assistant Chief Bennie Collins is responsible for managing all Information Technologies and network connectivity for the EMS System. These technologies include electronic patient care reporting (ePCR), Automated Vehicle Location (AVL), In Vehicle Navigation (IVN), vehicle operator safety data collection, inventory, scheduling and Computer Aided Dispatch (CAD). For these applications, the Assistant Chief of Technology performs the following duties:
- Coordinating and managing technology projects
- Installation and upgrades
- Maintain security protection solutions
- Technical support
- Liaison to Wake County’s Information Services Department
- Researching emerging IT technologies
Assistant Chief Collins began his career at Wake County in 1984, serving as a field technician; earning promotions to Field Training Officer, District Chief and his current position in 2007.