LOOKING FOR A GREAT PLACE
TO PRACTICE EMS?
JOIN ONE OF THE PREMIER EMS SYSTEMS, IN ONE OF THE BEST PLACES TO LIVE IN AMERICA!
Which track is right for you?
- Wake County – a destination career employer.
- We'll help you develop into the best paramedic or EMT you can be.
- Then work toward a long, fulfilling career featuring a wide variety of special operations roles and promotional opportunities.
- Excellent long-term benefits package, including state retirement and 401k.
- Look below for all your career possibilities.
- Gain invaluable experience on the way to your chosen career.
- High-volume patient contact and medical evaluation.
- Frequent determination and execution of treatment plans.
- Invest 4–5 years with us. We've got some alternative schedules that can help you get through your schooling.
Make your impact with Wake County EMS
All of our staff enjoy:
- Outstanding clinical protocols that allow for flexibility and independence.
- A great clinical environment founded in continuous
data-driven care. We also monitor patient outcome data from our receiving hospitals and provide feedback to line members.
- Excellent relationships with our region's hospitals and our outstanding first-responder agencies.
- Starting salary based on experience. A comprehensive county benefits package that includes health and dental insurance, local government retirement, and a 5% "no match required" contribution to your 401(k) account. Tuition reimbursement of up to $1,200 per year after one year of service.
- State-of-the-art equipment, including:
- Type III ambulances on a 4-year replacement cycle
- Physiologic monitoring devices (12-Lead, ETCO2, Sp02, NiBP)
- 800-MHz digital radio system
- Outstanding Emergency Medical Dispatch support
- Station-based units operating primarily on 12-hour shifts, but with some 24-hour shifts.
- A full-time, board-certified and EMS fellowship-trained medical director who is also the EMS System
director and participates on a daily basis in managing the service and
providing care in the field. He is supported by a deputy
medical director and continuous hosting EMS Physician Fellows.
- Paid continuing medical education featuring frequent instruction by our own physicians as well as guest faculty in our dedicated, state-of-the-art education center. We offer "just in time" training based on our recent clinical and operational experiences.
- An outstanding field training and evaluation program, which offers great support for inexperienced staff and great flexibility for experienced staff. Whatever your level of experience, we'll take you from "paramedic" to "Wake County Paramedic" with all the support that you need.
- Individually issued personal protective equipment, including full turnout gear and respiratory protection. All uniforms provided, including boots and belt.
- Career opportunities include both special operations and promotional opportunities.
- Special operations are in addition to regular ambulance duties
- Promotional opportunities
- Many opportunities to cover games and special events for the Carolina Hurricanes, NC State Wolfpack, major outdoor music venues, and the NC State Fair. There are also a multitude of other events to cover, such as marathons, 5Ks, downtown festivals, parades and smaller sporting events.
- A variety of opportunities to participate in everything from equipment selection and evaluation to professional peer review and oversight.
- The Wake County area regularly receives accolades
from a variety of national publications as a great place to work and live. Learn more about Wake County.
Wake County Human Resources
PO Box 550
Raleigh, NC 27602
Wake County is an Equal Opportunity Employer