Graphic Design Internship
Are you looking to get graphic design experience while working with an award-winning design team? Wake County Government is seeking a creative design intern to assist with web and print graphic design. The intern will report to the Digital Media & Design Services Manager and will work closely with the Digital Media & Design Services team members and other departmental staff as needed.
Duration: 2014 Spring Semester
Hours: 10 to 20 hours per week. Typically 2 to 3 days per week. Schedule negotiable.
Compensation: Internship position is not compensated. Intern may be eligible for college credits depending on your school and program.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Design engaging graphic communications for print and web. This will include supporting Wake County’s branding and logo guidelines, website and social media graphics, posters and other marketing materials as needed.
- Will be trained to publish graphics to websites using Microsoft SharePoint.
- Proficiency in Adobe InDesign, Illustrator, & Photoshop
- Proficiency using Microsoft Windows operating system
- Excellent time management skills
- Ability to work independently as well as in partnership with teams
- Build your portfolio of work
- Enjoy flexible scheduling
- Learn about creating and publishing production-ready graphics for print, web and social media.
- Help meet important needs of our citizens and learn about local government.
ABOUT WAKE COUNTY
Consistently ranked one of the best places to live and work in America, Wake County is the second-most populous County in North Carolina. With more than 3,400 employees, Wake County Government provides services including Libraries, Parks, Emergency Medical Services, Environmental Services, Human Services programs and more.