Contests and Candidates
2015 Candidate Filing for all Municipal Offices:
Begins: Friday, July 3, 2015, at noon
Ends: Friday, July 17, 2015, at noon
(Filing fees listed are designated by the municipalities and are subject to change)
Where do I file?
Candidates who file with the NC State Board of Elections:
- All State Executive Offices
- US Senators and House of Representatives
- District Attorney
Candidates who file with the Wake County Board of Elections:
- NC Senators and House of Representatives who reside in Wake County
- All Wake County and local municipal offices (excluding District Attorney)
- Soil & Water Conservation District Supervisor Offices
- Qualifications for Wake County/Municipal office:
- Must be a registered voter of the municipality/county and at least 21 years of age (NC Constitution, Article VI, Sec. 6). Senators must be 25 years of age (Article II, Sec. 6).
- Must be eligible to vote for the office for which you intend to run
- For Sheriff, required residency in the county one year prior to the November General Election
If you have a previous campaign committee with our office, please make sure all information is current and accurate. If you have questions about the status of your committee, please email email@example.com.
Committees are required to have a treasurer. The treasurer cannot be the candidate’s spouse and must be a resident of North Carolina. The treasurer must attend training at the NC State Board of Elections Office. A copy of the training schedule is included in the Candidate Information Packet issued at filing and on the NC State Board of Elections website.
Completed forms should be mailed to our office before the deadline. Please refer to the Campaign Finance Reporting Schedule to find the deadlines for all reports.
2014 Reporting Schedule
(2015 Reporting Schedule will be posted when available)
We recommend ALL candidates file their reports electronically using the Campaign Finance Software provided by the North Carolina State Board of Elections.
To download the software and receive information about software training and all questions and answers relating to using the software, please contact the NC State Board of Elections at firstname.lastname@example.org or visit their website at www.ncsbe.gov.
|Reports can be mailed to:
||Submit in person to:|
Wake County Board of Elections
Attn: Campaign Finance
PO Box 695
Raleigh, NC 27602
|337 S. Salisbury St.|
Raleigh, NC 27601
Questions can be emailed to: