Quick Launch

Data Dashboard: Occupied Households

Title

Occupied Households

Trend at a Glance

At last count

419,361 households

Current Through

2019

Category

People

What does this measure?

A household includes all the persons who occupy a housing unit as their usual place of residence. A housing unit is a house, apartment, mobile home, group of rooms, or single room that is occupied or intended for occupancy as separate living quarters, regardless of the nature of the relationship of the occupants sharing the living arrangements. The count of total households provides information about population growth, land development patterns, the health of the housing market, and land density patterns in Wake County.

How is Wake County performing?

The total number of occupied households in Wake County has increased by 81,307 between 2010 and 2019.

Did you know?

Approximately 64% of households are owner occupied while the remaining 36% are occupied by renters.

Data Source

American Community Survey Selected Housing Characteristics (1-year estimates) 

Data Considerations

The Census Bureau's one-year or five-year estimates are referenced based on jurisdiction size. One-year estimates, used for higher-populated areas and considered more current, are used for county, state, and national data. Five-year estimates, considered more accurate, are used for municipal data. More can be read about these estimates here: http://www.census.gov/acs/www/guidance_for_data_users/estimates/

Charts & Maps

Households 2018.jpg

Data is updated:

The United States Census Bureau publishes official population estimates and population estimate revisions for prior years annually.

Related Resources

Revisions

October 2020 - Revised to reflect 2019 ACS estimates

SortOrder

3

Attachments

Created at 1/3/2014 4:08 PM by Lori K. Neumeier
Last modified at 10/5/2020 2:19 PM by Jason Horton
FacebookTwitterInstagramYouTube 









Wake County Departments & Agencies:
Department-list-1.png