Citizen Advisory Boards and Commissions
The Board of Commissioners relies on volunteers to meet a crucial need for Wake County. Our many volunteers serve as our eyes and ears in the community, and we value the advice they bring back to us.
About applying for a board or commission:
- Appointments are made to various boards monthly.
- You will be notified if appointed.
- If you are not initially appointed to a board for which you have applied, your application will be resubmitted automatically until such time that you are appointed, or your application expires. Applications expire after one year.
- When applying for a Wake County Board or Commission, your application is considered a public record.
- There is a 75% attendance requirement for all advisory board members that must be adhered to in order to maintain membership.
- Please be aware that the Appointments By Month Schedule is subject to change.
- For more information, email email@example.com
(See notice below)
NOTE: Due to a system upgrade, no online applications will be taken from January 6 until February 10, 2017!
To apply for a board or commission position while the system is down, please contact the office of the Clerk to the Wake County Board of Commissioners at 919-856-5565.
To learn more about commissions and to apply:
- Please click on a commission name below to:
- Learn more about that commission,
- View the commission website and minutes if available,
- Apply for a volunteer appointment.
- Select the “member list” link to view:
- Current members
- Term expiration dates
- Note that a member's current term is reflected on the report below. Reappointments will
be reflected on the report once it is effective and not before the existing term has expired.
- To print a list of members, highlight and copy the text of members and paste into
another program (such as Microsoft Word) and then print.