There are a variety of permits and licenses you may need in addition to a business license. Depending where your business will be located, you will need to research requirements for that municipality. Also, different types of businesses have different requirements, such as businesses that will be serving food. Please use the links and contact information below to begin your research into the requirements for your business:

Restaurants, Food Stands, Child Care Centers, Hotels:

Adult Care Facilities:

Fire Inspections / Code Enforcement:

  • Wake County Fire Code Enforcement
  • Wake County Fire Permits
  • Fire Code Enforcement Questions: 919-856-5519
  • Foster Care or Group Homes: 919-856-6307
  • Jurisdictions by County Fire District:
    • Bay Leaf, Durham-Highway, Falls, Morrisville, RDU, Six Forks, Stony Hill, Western Wake, Wake Forest, Rolesville, Swift Creek
      • Contact Chief Deputy Fire Marshal Charlie Johnson at 919-856-5519.
    • Knightdale, Wake-New Hope, Hopkins, Wendell, Zebulon
      • Contact Deputy Fire Marshal Darrell Alford at 919-856-6491.
    • Apex, Fuquay-Varina, Garner, Fairview, Holly Springs:
      • Contact Chief Deputy Fire Marshal Charlie Johnson at 919-856-5519.
  • Other Fire Prevention Offices in Wake County:

Planning and Zoning

Building Permits / Inspections