911 Emergency Services

  • Is a life in danger?
    • Call 911 immediately.
    • If you’re calling 911 for mental health, substance abuse, or special needs emergencies you can request first responders that have gone through CIT (Crisis Intervention Training). CIT trained first responders understand the unique needs and sensitivities of a behavioral health emergency. CIT training helps keep the responding personnel and the person experiencing an emergency safe, and make sure the correct level of care is provided as quickly as possible.

Suicide Hotline 

  • Are you, or someone you know, having suicidal thoughts?
    • There’s help for you. The Suicide Prevention Lifeline provides 24/7, free and confidential support for people in distress, prevention and crisis resources for you or your loved ones, and best practices for professionals.
    • 1-800-273-8255
    • Suicide Prevention Lifeline


  • Need in-person attention but not EMS/911?
    • WakeBrook handles mental health, substance abuse disorders, and behavioral health emergencies in Wake County 24/7. 
    • 984-974-4800
    • 107 Sunnybrook Road. Raleigh, NC. 27610
    • WakeBrook website

Behavioral Health Urgent Care

  • Behavioral Health Urgent Care serves individuals in a mental health crisis, or persons with substance abuse problems complicating a mental health issue. Behavioral Health Urgent Care BHUC is a treatment model intended to divert individuals in need of behavioral health crisis assistance from the use of emergency departments. 
  • In development with an expected launch of 2019.

Mobile Crisis Management (MCM) by Therapeutic Alternatives

  • Need a professional to come to you, but not EMS/911?
    • Call the Mobile Crisis Team operated by Therapeutic Alternatives. Substance abuse, mental health crisis, and developmental disability issues. Open 24/7.
    • 1-877-626-1772
    • MCM website

Opiate Overdose Prevention Services in Wake County

Don’t see what you’re looking for? 

Find out more about Behavioral Health Care services available in Wake County here.