Board of Commissioners
November 1, 2004 – 2:00 p.m.
MEETING CALLED TO ORDER: Chair Kenn Gardner
PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
INVOCATION: Commissioner Kenn Gardner
ITEMS OF BUSINESS:
1. Approval of Agenda
2. Minutes of Commissioners' Meetings October 12, 14, 18, and 20,
3. Board of
4. Foster Parent Recognition
All items on the
Consent Agenda are considered to be routine and may be enacted by one motion.
If a County Commissioner requests discussion on an item, the item will be
removed from the Consent Agenda and considered separately.
5a. Award of Construction
Contract For New Courtrooms on the 5th Floor of the
5b. The One North Carolina Fund
Grant Award for Synthon Pharmaceuticals, Ltd.
5c. Tax Committee Recommendations for Value Adjustments,
Collections Refunds and
Tax Collections Report
6. Acceptance of FY2004 State Homeland Security
7. Land Acquisition for Elementary School in the Town
8. Land Acquisition for Elementary School in the Town of
9. Report on the Request From Wake County Board of
Education to Appropriate Plan 2004 Funds
10. Report on the Request From Wake County Board of Education
to Re-Allocate Plan 2000 Funds
11. Carlton Place Affordable Apartments Contract
12. Highland Village Affordable Housing Development
13. Hollenden Place Affordable Housing Development Contract
14. 2004 Housing Action Plan Infrastructure Projects
15. New Wake County Work First Plan for Federal Fiscal Years
2005 - 2007
16. Establish Ten Positions to
Administer the Child Care Subsidy Program
17. Appointments to Boards, Commissions,
Wake County Board of Human Services
Wake County Commission for Women
Wake County Council on Fitness and Health
20. Closed Session
21. Public Comments: Comments from the public will be received at
for 30 minutes. A signup sheet
for those who wish to speak during the public comments section of the meeting
is located in the back of the Board room.
County Board of Commissioners meetings are broadcast live on cable channel
11and rebroadcast on Fridays at 7 p.m.