Assistant Chief Mark Anglin is responsible for managing all Information Technologies and network connectivity for the EMS System. These technologies include electronic patient care reporting (ePCR), Automated Vehicle Location (AVL), In Vehicle Navigation (IVN), vehicle operator safety data collection, inventory, scheduling and Computer Aided Dispatch (CAD). For these applications, the Assistant Chief of Technology performs the following duties:
- Coordinating and managing technology projects
- Installation and upgrades
- Maintain security protection solutions
- Technical support
- Liaison to Wake County’s Information Services Department
- Researching emerging IT technologies
Assistant Chief Anglin began his career at Wake County in 2003, serving as a field paramedic and later a Field Training Officer. He became Assistant Chief of Technology in 2016.